Monday, May 25, 2009

Musing on Muses

I feel the need to write something creative. I have words and images swimming in my brain and yet no matter how much effort I put in I can't seem to get them down into something that can convey them. I envy the great poets and their way with words. I would be content at the moment to even write a bad poem I think. hmm....maybe not. Brings back too many middle school memories.

The journey of any artist is finding the right way to express their visions. What meduim to use. Which muse is my muse? Of the nine different muses the many forms of poetry are the most prevalent. What about quilting, painting? Even cooking? Perhaps I should make up my own muse. Although I have yet to discover my most perfect artistic outlet, I know it must be there somewhere.

No comments: