I have a problem, a major addiction. I love starting new projects. It starts with the idea, then I get to plan it out, buy materials and start creating something to match the vision in my head. The problem comes in when I have a new idea and the previous project is not yet finished. Finishing projects I am not so good at. I have at least two boxes in the garage of unfinished sewing projects. I have many more on shelves in my room in various stages of doneness. throughout the house and yard are parts and pieces of home projects that will "someday" be finished. I have taken a vow to be better at completing things. Since this I have finished a baby quilt, a crocheted blanket for my own little one (due April 6th), some thank you cards for baby gifts and I even got the curtains hemmed and hung in the living room that have been waiting for a year and a half (thanks to my hubby on that one for hanging the rods (thats a whole other story)). I have several projects that are a priority - some artwork for the baby's corner, and a quilt for Miles top the list. But I have another little problem that comes with my disorganized and creative mind, that is a disorganized space for creating. I don't have to room to myself for crafting, I use a portion of my bedroom for some, there are supplies stored in half of Miles' closet and I often utilize the dining room table for working on projects. Between these three spaces things are not put away, are in piles and generally a mess. Makes it hard to even think about getting more finished.
At work I have found a kindred spirit in my crafting addiction. She has the same space issues as I do, not organized and usable. Together we have formed our own two person support group to help each other start to get stuff done. Our first goal is to organize by February 1st. This might even include gettign rid of stuff (my husband would rejoice). So this is my goal and I am determined to meet it. Once that is complete I am hoping I can not only keep it that way, but that I can use the space more effectively and finish more things.
No comments:
Post a Comment