Thursday, November 3, 2011

inspiration and frustration

I have become an avid reader of crafty blogs. ....of which there are a ton. The ones I seem to come back to again and again are stay at home moms who somehow manage to raise their kids, keep a house and create amazing things on a regular basis. They inspire me to create more and to be more involved with my own kiddos, but how do they do it? I suppose when you are home all day you can go back and forth between house chores, kids and projects, and I imagine that they must have days where they are frazzled and tired and do nothing....I have to believe that or else I start to feel like a total failure.

I know that being a full time working mom that I don't the same kind of time and energy that some of these other moms do, but I have to think that there must be some way to do it. I feel my biggest challenge is energy, I get home from work and I want to plop down and do nothing. But there is housework to do and kids to feed and take care of. Thank god for my husband, he does more around this house than I can believe. If it weren't for him we would never have clean dishes. Once the kiddos are asleep for the night I am pulled between a desire to veg out, the need to do things like laundry and the desire to work on projects. How do I balance this? How do I motivate myself to do the necessary things like laundry so that I don't feel guilty when I work on projects? How do I make myself like those crafty mama bloggers who seem to be able to do it all?

No comments: