I've had this creative itch for a while to try and push myself out of my normal box and be more adventurous in my creating. I stumbled across a blog today where two friends sent each other a box each month with fabric and supplies to make an 8"x8" project within a theme. I love this idea and immediately sent a message to one of my favorite creative people, Indigo. She has been working on a blog a day project with 4"x4" squares and I am so in awe of the things she has been doing. Check it out at indigoatworkandplay.blogspot.com. Her stuff is pretty amazing.
So after a few texts back and forth we had a quick phone conversation, which will be followed up by an email. So far I think we have these basics figured out:
10"x10" quilt blocks
starting January 2014 and ending December 2014
sending mostly things from our own stash of craft items, but if purchasing anything keeping the cost to a minimum
starting a new shared blog to document the project
Most likely a list if themes and inspirations we can pick from each month to base the contents of the box on
putting the blocks into a finished piece at the end of the year to send to the other
I'm pretty excited by this prospect. I've been wanting to collaborate with Indigo on something for quite some time. I love her style and her sense of adventure when it comes to quilting and fiber art. I often feel like I am in a creative rut where I don't tend to veer of course to do anything new or exciting. I also think it will push me to use techniques that I may no otherwise think to try. Also, the idea of getting to send (and receive) a fun little box of goodies each month is just a little too fun. I know on my end that more than just supplies will probably end up in there.
Already brainstorming some ideas for themes and inspiration. Will start to jot them down for when we compile our list.
Here is to new adventures in sewing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment